No Candidate Deserves My Vote!

The “No Candidate Deserves My Vote!” party has one aim and that is to introduce a bill to Parliament to have a “None of the above” option added to every local and general election ballot paper of the future. That way you can exercise your democratic right to vote to say that none of the parties currently make the grade for you. It will also encourage your democratic responsibility to turn out to vote.

For everything else Steve of Stevenage will act as an Independent so don’t ask me about health, education, defence or the economy... come and tell me!!!



Monday 29 March 2010

2-Tier Democracy

Running as a General Election candidate I keep coming across a definite "them-and-us" 2-Tier democratic process. There is Conservative, Labour and Lib Dem and then there are "the others" of which I am a member. A kind of "Elite" party and "Plebian" party divide if you like.
The latest incident was last week when I discovered that the Stevenage Comet local newspaper was hosting an election candidate hustings for a business forum but had only thought it necessary to invite half the candidates. I will leave it to you to guess which half? To make matters worse, when I pressed them on the matter the reason given was lack time available for the number of questions. It struck me that halving the number of questions was the easy solution.
If we are not careful we will end up with a democratic system along the lines of nations like Iran where anyone can set up a party as long as it is Conservative, Labour or Lib Dem!

No comments:

Post a Comment