No Candidate Deserves My Vote!

The “No Candidate Deserves My Vote!” party has one aim and that is to introduce a bill to Parliament to have a “None of the above” option added to every local and general election ballot paper of the future. That way you can exercise your democratic right to vote to say that none of the parties currently make the grade for you. It will also encourage your democratic responsibility to turn out to vote.

For everything else Steve of Stevenage will act as an Independent so don’t ask me about health, education, defence or the economy... come and tell me!!!



Monday 19 April 2010

Why it makes sense to vote for an Independent?

Ok, firstly I have to clarify that I am not 100% Independent but almost. My party has just one electoral reform policy, but for everything else I stand as an Independent.  What this means is that I take the majority view of the Stevenage constituents rather than any party political view. That way I represent my constituents not my party.

The question stands then; how do I get Stevenage constituents to tell me what they want? Traditionally MP's have used "surgery" days where constituents come to their MP and tell them about issues.  The trouble with that is that there is only one of me and probably time for only 1 or 2 surgeries per week so not exactly an efficient process for mass information transfer. To solve this problem I propose to set up a dynamic website modified only by Stevenage constituents using the electoral register as the registered user database. On this site I will put all of the issues currently under discussion in Parliament and all of the laws and bills being proposed.  Each constituent will be able to login using their electoral registration number and a password and tell me how they want me to vote. The aggregated information will be calculated and sent to my mobile phone while I am in Parliament. I will then be able to use this information to instruct me how to vote.

If you are wondering how I will get the funds to develop such a beast, well I will be writing most of it myself as that is what I used to do before entering Politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment